Built up roof has its disadvantages when compared to Single ply membranes. Asphalt is not generally known to offer much UV Resistance. The tortuous summer sun can wreak havoc on a flat asphalt roof. Instead of expanding and contracting, the asphalt cracks and blisters which causes leaks. In addition, repairs are cumbersome since it's hard to get a watertight seal on a roof with so many layers.
ASPHALT BASED PRODUCTS ABSORB UV RADIATION, LET US PROVIDE A MORE SUSTAINABLE SOLUTION !!
Advancements in technology have led the roofing industry to turn towards SINGLE PLY MEMBRANE ROOFS. Green Country Rooftops & Restoration predominantly use TPO single ply membrane as our flat roof of choice. TPO is made of Ethylene Propylene Rubber and the seams are heat welded.
THE TPO SINGLY PLY MEMBRANE ADVANTAGE:
- Puncture resistant
- Reflects harmful UV Rays
- Eliminates redundancy of built up layers which makes it light weight and means less stress load on building frame
- Rolls are available in 10’ lengths and the seams are heat welded
- Membrane provides flexibility and moves with the building which eliminates stress cracks.
IF YOU ARE A PROPERTY OWNER AND WANT A LONG TERM AND COST EFFECTIVE ROOF SOLUTION TO SUIT YOUR BUILDINGS NEEDS, GIVE GREEN COUNTRY A CALL AND SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT METAL ROOFING ?!?! GREEN COUNTRY ROOFTOPS & RESTORATION CAN BEAUTIFY YOUR HOME OR BUILDING WITH A 26 GUAGE ROOF PANEL OF YOUR CHOICE. SEE LINK BELOW TO ONE OR OUR SUPPLIERS TO BROWSE PANEL PROFILES AND COLORS.
METAL ROOF ADVANTAGES :
- MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR DISCOUNT ON INSURANCE PREMIUM
- IDEAL FOR COMMERCIAL ROOFS WITH LOW SLOPES
- INCREASE ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF HOME
- CAN LAST 2-3 TIMES LONGER THAN ASPHALT SHINGLES
Another overlooked advantage of metal roofing is that they can be restored with a coating. If you have an Existing metal roof that is beginning to rust, Green Country Rooftops can apply an elastomeric coating and restore the metal to its original glory. The first step is to thoroughly pressure wash and clean all debris from the roof. Then all seams and screw heads are sealed with flashing grade sealant. Final step is to spray on two coats of elastomeric coating and fully encapsulate and seal the metal. Coatings can come in a variety of colors. The coating contains UV blocking pigments that deflect degrading UV Radiation.
METAL ROOF DISADVANTAGES:
- Hail damage can cause cosmetic damage and many insurance companies will not pay for cosmetic damage.
- TWICE THE PRICE OF SHINGLE ROOFING
- Panels will eventually rust and need to be restored
IF YOUR HOME OR PROPERTY NEEDS TLC, DON’T HESITATE TO CALL GCRT FOR A FREE ASSESSMENT !!